NBA 2K is a realistic basketball simulation game designed to transform on-court action into video game reality while giving the user every bit of gameplay as in the real life version. It is a brain child of American video game giant, Visual Concepts Entertainment.
After 18 successful releases, the nineteenth installation of the game is around the corner with the official release set for, coincidentally, the nineteenth September. Kyrie Irving set to be the cover star of NBA 2K18 with legendary player Shaquille O’Neal set for a similar role on the special edition. In Canada however, cover duties have been bestowed upon Toronto Raptor star, DeMar DeRacon.
The game will be available across various platforms which include; Xbox one and 360, PS 3 and 4, PC and Nintendo Switch. NBA 2k18 incorporates accurate stats and rosters and a variety of NBA teams to choose from when playing through competitive modes or single player campaigns.
Little guide to playing NBA 2k18 better
Whether you are a seasoned player with countless playing hours under your belt or a novice who is just starting out, there are certainly a few neat tips and skills you didn’t know about that are essential to scintillating gameplay. Here are a few pointers to help you out:
Getting the best out of shots
To improve your chances of shot success, ensure that that particular player’s feet are facing the direction of the basket whenever you make one. More importantly, you need to time the shot release to a tee; an ability which can be mastered through regular shooting, so practice as much as possible.
Take advantage of player traits
Certain players thrive in defensive duties while others are really good at the offensive and can even accurately shoot beyond the arc e.g. Steph Curry. In a nutshell, specific players unleash their true potential in certain areas of the court. Use this knowledge, which can be obtained from in-game stats, to help you pick a team with players more suited to your style of play.
However, be careful not to rely too much on a player’s individual brilliance as stamina depletes with time. Alternatively, you could use your two star players alternatingly from the bench to get around this pickle.
Isolation is the key to a stubborn defence
It’s an all too familiar occurrence that your point guard will be given no room to breathe by an opposition power forward or center with some serious man marking. To get around such scenarios, opt for one on one isolation play and after a move here and there, space will open up for the pass or shot.
Fouling is a great asset
Some players are not so good at the free throw, so be sure to use this to your benefit by intentionally fouling them in and around dangerous areas of the court. Doing so will deny them a clear basket scoring or crucial pass opportunity and you’ll have little to worry about with the resulting set piece.
Know your team’s strengths and weaknesses
This information is available in the game; use it to play to not only your team’s strong points but also cushion the exploitation of vulnerable areas as well.
For example, if an opposing team is devastating on the counter play, then your best bet would be defending in numbers and waiting for a fast break of your own. Such teams usually attack in numbers and if you do get a steal in or await a rebound, your path to the basket will be smooth and clear.
Why are NBA 2k18 mt coins important?
NBA 2K18 MT coins or points can genuinely be earned through straight forward means e.g. attaining NBA 2k18 milestones and passing challenges and accompanying mini games: Uses of the currency are as follows:
- They can be used to purchase card packs with the aim of increasing a player’s abilities scope thereby making the said player more effective and all rounded. This will, in turn, improve your chances of victory.
- Special animations like layups, signature dunks and shots can be unlocked by mt coins. These moves serve to spice up the game by adding a little bit of swagger and attitude to the gameplay.
- Mt coins also have the power to unlock clothes and various accessories customized to improve the visual appeal of characters and to just add a bit of diversification by breaking the monotony of one player gear.
- You can obtain player boosts in exchange, which are basically short time player performance upgrade. These boosts can help give you that something extra needed to get your team across the line without having to permanently upgrade players you don’t want to.
- NBA 2K18 MT coins can be used to level up gyms, make adjustments to lineups or trades, better park performance via the purchase of park cards and even enable pot sharing among teammates.